Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Slow Claw's Mountain Top BBQ Adventure


We stopped off at an exit located on the Pigeon River, deep in the mountains on our drive to Asheville. Our intention was to use a post office, but it had already closed. Fortunately this sign caught our eye on our way back to the highway. The rustic building, combined with the sweet smell and our noticeably empty stomachs meant that we would have to try this Smoky Mt. eatery.


It started off well--agreeable prices and friendly service from the staff. Since it's known for its BBQ, all three of us chose the pulled-pork platter.


I chose my poison--homemade BBQ sauce and tabasco--and let the sandwich have it. I like it spicy and I didn't hold back.


Chris thoroughly enjoyed every bite. To mask the tears of joy and delight caused by his meal, he was required to wear his sunglasses.


Brian made sure to add the correct amount of salt to the mound of crinkle-cut fries on his plate.


For all the times I've driven that stretch of I-40, I've never once stopped at that exit. It was a fantastic find and I would imagine there are many places similar to this that have yet to be discovered. From now on we'll be on the lookout. MmmMm.

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment